Fire! Sweeter Than S’mores



I don’t know about you, but with such unrest and chaos in our world  today, it makes my heart heavy and long for Home even more. 


There are so many people out there who are hurting. From health issues, to grief, to financial struggles, to relationship woes...this world needs Jesus. 


There is so much tension, unrest, hate and violence everywhere we turn. If you listen to the news, it will have you depressed or insanely angry. So much bias, lies and cock-eyed opinions flood the media daily. How do we actually know what’s true? This world needs Jesus. 


We know from Scripture that this is how the world will be before our Lord comes back for His children. In Matthew 24, we read:


And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”


Somehow, I feel we are at that point! Our world needs Jesus!


But what about us? We see all these things coming to pass daily, but what does our spiritual man look like? Is he wasting away? Growing cold? Nonchalant? 


Yes, I speak to myself too. 


I. NEED. JESUS. 


I don’t want to have come this far and miss out on what I’ve lived for all my life. When the Lord comes, I want Him to find me doing the work He left me to do. 


I want the fire of my heart to be burning brightly! I’ve heard over and over again, “The natural tendency of fire is to burn out.” I want to keep my fire red-hot and shining brightly in this messed up world I see before me every day. 


The Bible tells us the Lord is a consuming fire, therefore, if He dwells within us, we should have a burning, bright, red-hot fire in our hearts. 


We’ve been fixing up our homestead lately in hopes of having people over to enjoy times of fellowship together, talking about the goodness of God - and enjoying a fire pit while doing so, because who doesn’t love a gooey S’more every now and then? 


Unfortunately, we can’t enjoy our sweet treat if we allow the fire to go out. When the fire goes out, we are also bothered with pesky mosquitoes and moths too. If the fire goes out, it’s dark and maybe cool. The fire is necessary for our good pleasure. 


The same is true about the fire in our hearts. We cannot afford to allow it to go out or even leave it smoldering a little. It has to be hot and bright! We’ll be discouraged and disappointed by the things in life which pester us if we don’t. That’s a tragedy!


Yes, the world needs Jesus. They need to see the fire aflame in you and I. Now isn’t the time to curl up and nap; we must keep the flames burning. Jesus is coming soon, and that’s a good thing for those who’s fire is burning bright. 


Let’s share a lively flame with someone today.  Encourage someone whose fire is dwindling or barely flickering. We are responsible to be found working when the Lord comes back. 


We ALL need Jesus, but will He find us ready? Fan the flames, keep the fire burning.  Heaven, even more than S’mores, is too sweet to miss out on, my friend. 




Comments