Reminders of His Promises

Because, if God needs to remind Himself with a "bow in the sky",
He knows I need reminded too.  (Gen. 9:16)

My hubby came home with this picture today. Our home is right past the yellow sign...right under the rainbow. We've all heard the saying about the "gold at the end of the rainbow", right? I wonder sometimes though, does anyone ever actually find the end? I dare say there really is no end. 

Still, better than an end, is the fact that every beautiful rainbow reminds me of the promises of God, that He is ever faithful. I can depend upon Him. 

That, my friend, is better than ten "pots of gold" at the end of an hundred rainbows. 

Yes, He knows every detail of my life, and yours too, and He knows the need of those gentle reminders on days like today. Indeed, He is faithful and aware of us, such a teeny-tiny parts of this big, wide world He has created. 

When we were keeping our "Grand-Bam", 4-year-old Kyler, a few months ago. We were coming out of a storm, into the sunshine, and there it was...a brilliant rainbow almost sparkling against the dark gray clouds. In his little squeaky voice, He said, "Noni, gotta have rain and sun for rainbows!" I suppose he's paying attention in pre-school after all. I just sat there silently and let that knowledge sink in. Gotta have both!

Feeling "ish" today? Are you too waiting on the sunshine to burst through the storm clouds in your world? Do you find yourself wishing you could find the "umph" to dance in the rain? Do you need reminded too? 

Let me remind us both that, just as He places a bow in the sky only after the storm, His hand is at work in our lives during the storms too. He is aware of every detail of our lives - nothing catches Him by surprise. True, it might knock us off our feet, but He is never surprised. He's always there reminding us in quiet, gentle ways - like a bow in the sky. 

It is well with my soul!

Comments