The Lord is My _________


I've known Psalm 23 by heart since I was a child. As I've gotten older though and have experienced more of life, it has taken on even more depth. NOW, through this current season, it has taken an even deeper meaning to me. 

In the first verse, David states who God is to him in his present set of circumstances. 

"The Lord is my ____________."

We can fill in that blank ourselves. Whatever we need, wherever we find ourselves today. That blank can be filled in with whatever is necessary, because God meets EVERY need in some perfect way. He is the answer. Period. Always.

When we need peace, He is the Peace Speaker and the Peace that passeth all understanding. When we need healing, He is the Great Physician and our healer. When we need provisions, He is our Provider and will supply ALL our needs. When we need deliverance, He is our Deliverer and can redeem us without question. Is there anything too hard for God? 

I can say, without a doubt that He has been everything I've needed in my life, yet during this season I've come to realize it more than ever before. I suppose you could say it's been much more "up-close-and-personal" than ever before. It's not been an easy road, but He's shown up in so many amazing ways along the way. I suppose He always has done so, but I've seen it in a total different light now. Indeed, those trials do come to make us stronger - if we'll allow God to have His perfect way.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are
not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be 
revealed in us.  Romans 8:18

The beautiful thing about serving the Lord is that He meets us exactly where we are, no matter where we are. We can never fall so low that He can't reach us. We can never be so broken that He can't mend us and use our brokenness to glorify Him. It's not because of anything we are, but all because of what and who He is. 

He's no respecter of persons, whatever we need Him to be today, we only need proclaim and believe it. Let's speak it out just as David did. No matter how hopeless it seems, we need remember God doesn't see it that way. No matter how down and out we may feel, He isn't shaken by our set of circumstances. He's covered it all for us, simply because He loves us, because we are His children, and because He is a good Father.

How do you need Him to come through for you today? I know how I need Him to show up for me. Whether I need my many tears bottled up, or if I need Him to hold me close, or give me an extra dose of peace, He is faithful. This I know. 

We simply need to fill in the blank today and allow Him to work it together for our good, all to glorify Him. 

The Lord is my ____________. Amen~

Comments