Clear As Mud

Some days my motto seems to be the catch-phrase "clear as mud!" Nothing seems to be going as planned, schedules are off because you didn't hear the buzzing alarm, maybe you can't find your other shoe or the car keys. Can you relate? Maybe the car won't start or the dog got away. You know, your day starts off in a whirlwind and seems to go down-hill from there. I'll be honest, I have those days. Life.

Yesterday! I didn't hear the wake up call and when I finally did, I woke up with a nagging headache. Oh, and it was Sunday I might add! While I still managed to be ready on time, I felt like I was reeling to-and-fro and frazzled to a frizzle when I finally settled in for the ride to church. "Uugh! I hate days like this," I mumbled quietly to myself. OK, am I the only person with a disheveled, dysfunctional brain on some days? It's alright to admit it, my friend. Life, pain and stress have a way of doing that to us at times at times, doesn't it? Thank goodness God sees us right where we're at!

It's on these days that we feel quite messy. How in the world can I be a good witness for Jesus? How can I be effective salt and light? How can I touch a life or make a difference? How can I teach a Sunday school class when I'm so rattled? And for me, how can I be part of a praise-team when I can't even follow the words and chord chart?! Yes, it can get rather messy. It's at such vulnerable times when the enemy sneaks in and tries to tell you untruths. Be aware! He's already defeated!

We have blessed hope. I John 4:4 says, "Ye are of God, little children...greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."  God knows there are days with mud puddles included that might catch us off guard. Yet, we are still his children. He still cheers us on. He still loves us...even when we're rattled. He gives us hope and courage to keep pressing on. And, yes, he can still use us to shine brightly for him...even on those days. Don't doubt him! We are victorious!

Do you have a friend or family member who needs to be encouraged? Jump into that mud puddle with them! Don't be afraid to get messy! And while there, remind that special someone that God's with them too...even in the midst of a muddy mess. Now, my question to you...have I made this clear as mud?

Comments