A New Day




THANK GOD FOR A NEW DAY!  If yesterday was not what you expected, if you made mistakes or if you fell flat on your face in your walk; this is great news for you.  One thing is for certain, we are all human and will have bad days.  No matter how made up your mind is that you’re not going to fall into that trap again the possibilities of it happening are all too real.  I’m not talking about falling into sin!  I’m talking about setting goals for yourself, pushing through your comfort zone…the whole growing process.

The hardest thing about realizing and admitting our weakness is the embarrassment and shame we have to crawl over to get out of the hole we’ve dug for ourselves.  How long will I keep making the same mistake?  When will I ever learn?  I thought I was over that!  Etc.  Thoughts like these bombard our mind and can you guess where they come from?  Their source?  Let me just say, "It’s definitely NOT God!"

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV)

God has a plan of escape: If yesterday was ugly and you’re reading this today…God has intervened on your behalf.  Today is a new day… He’s given you a new morning...a fresh start.  An opportunity to get up and try again.  Who wouldn’t want to serve a God like that?  Get up, lift your head up and walk in the wonder of God’s love, mercy and grace.  God is all about new beginnings…now take Him at His Word.

Dear Lord, I totally bombed it yesterday…felt like a total failure to be truthful…but you’ve provided me with the gift of today and I want to receive and walk in it trusting you to help me through.  Thank you for your love and compassion toward me; and thank you for a new day!

Comments