What a Wonder



“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” 

Psalm 8:3-4



It’s been a wonderful week of out of the norm for my husband and myself. A wonderful anniversary week for certain. 

We’ve done all sorts of things. 


Our trip to the Carolina mountains has been refreshing and I find I’m not quite ready for it to end yet. The beauty of Gods creation is always amazing to me. So inspiring and calming. 



As we’ve casually strolled down pebbled river walks, the touch of God’s hand is in everything we see and touch. From witnessing a tiny, frisky chipmunk darting across the path in front of us, to feeling beautiful, velvet carpeting of moss beneath our feet, I find God’s touch to be everywhere. We’ve watched slow, drizzling rain as well as a full-fledged storm with the low, rumbling claps of thunder followed by bright flashes of lightning. We’ve hiked up mountain trails through the woods and across babbling brooks, we’ve listened to the sounds of wildlife as we’ve made our way to the end of the trail to take in majestically flowing waterfalls. We’ve had the privilege to watch falls from a distance and also walk behind them and take in the power behind the waters that cascade from far up above. We’ve stood on the bank of a lake watching the rippling of waters and splashed cold mountain water on our flushed faces. I could go on and on, God’s handiwork is so inspiring. 



There’s something about nature that touches my very soul. It is calming and brings me back to the realization of how small and insignificant my life is. There is so much out there that is so much larger. At the same time it serves as a reminder to me just how big my God is. It humbles me to know that a God of that magnitude and with those abilities takes time to see about me and desires to know me. What wonderful reminders I’ve had this week. Refreshing. 


Maybe you’re not smitten by nature like I am. I’ve snapped many pictures trying to capture the pure awesomeness of it all. I told my husband over and over that a picture cannot properly capture the essence of actually being there real time. 




Kind of made me think about my spiritual walk too. I can see the pictures in my head from Bible stories, but there’s nothing like walking thru seasons and situations in real time with God. Why would anyone want to do life without Him? I never want to try. I’m so glad He wants to walk with me and that He will never leave my side no matter the day or obstacles I may be facing. 


He is a guide like no other.  I’ve observed tour guides this week and have stood by listening to them give history about sites and instruction on how to move through trails. Again, I think of my own personal Guide who is leading me through this life. I am blessed. 




Who am I? Who are you? My dear, we’re part of God’s handiwork too. Small and insignificant yet significant and incredibly desired by our Creator. What a wonder! 


Hope you’ve enjoyed a few of the pics I captured this week in hopes of sharing this experience. Be blessed, my friend. 




Comments