It Is Well: from my Cuppa Nest

 



“Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.” Psalm 25:1



My cuppa nest. It’s now filled with four, tiny, squirmy baby birds. Yes, the little white and brown speckled shells have found their way to the bottom of the nest. These fragile, protective coverings have served their purpose and now the babies are taking one day at a time - blind and helpless, but with their mouths wide open in a weird sort of trusting way. 


They rely on their parents to bring them nurturing, for protection and to see that they are thriving until they are ready to leave the nest in another week or so. A time and season for everything, right?


When I snapped this pic yesterday evening, I had a strange sense of satisfaction.  As I neared the cup and turned my flash on, they raised their heads and opened their mouths wide to receive something. Oh my!! 


I know, maybe it seems odd but my sore heart leaped within me and I immediately paralleled how much I can relate to these little creatures. 


There are times when I feel pretty helpless, blind and needy. I guess we all visit that place sometimes, don’t we? After all, we’re all kind of made up of the same stuff and tend to trip up occasionally no matter how much we’ve grown up until this point. 


Yet, as I observed these eager, wide-mouthed, baby birds in my cuppa my soul cried out within me “It is well!” Deep within my spirit, there was a desperate cry and longing for my mouth to be filled - to be nurtured. Although my worn down body wanted to lay down and rest, I also longed to lift my head high, to trust, and be filled. 


I imagined God caressing me safely under His wings, caring deeply for me and seeing to my every need. I was stirred within to give up, lift up my head and trust Him to provide and work everything out. If His eye is on the tiny birds, I can have confidence He will see about me too. His Word says so! And...that’s gotta be enough for me. Why should I need more?


So, today I’ve awaken with the hope and eagerness of those little feathery wonders. My heart is filled with hope, trusting the Master, eager to see and feel Him in my day, and to allow Him full reign in my life and restoration. I want to practice this more, in this season - and every. 


It’s a journey, we only get there one step at a time. Learning and growing daily, experiencing seasons which can be hard but profitable for us if we can all just lean in a little bit more to Jesus. If we stop striving to be enough and simply strive in His purpose for our existence. To be His. 


It’s a simple example but it sure got my attention. No matter where we are in our seasons of life, we are seen, cared for and can take great hope in knowing He will be faithful in His promises to us His children. What blessed rest we can know by leaning on Him and simply trusting Him with it all.  


Let’s lift our heads up and unto the only One who can satisfy and refresh our souls, spirits and body with exactly what is needed - every time. Rest well. Trust. Wait upon the Lord. I know I needed this today and hope you’ll be encouraged and blessed too. Great is His faithfulness! 


From my front porch - and heart - to yours. It is well!

Comments

  1. What a lovely analogy! My heart would have leaped in me too from witnessing their little mouths open.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

As always, feel free to leave a comment. It's all about us joining together to encourage one another.