Positioned: For Such a Time As This

 

“... and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14


I’ve been studying about Esther lately in my spare time. I’ve even got a book I’ve had for several years but never read...until now. Guess what it’s about? Esther. 


It still amazes me how God lines up every detail of our life, all the way down to “when” we should read a certain book. (Maybe you don’t consider God to be that “into” your life, but I believe He is - and wants to be. Nothing is coincidence or luck.) There are other details surrounding all this too, but maybe I’ll share them at a later time. Right now, I’m just hearing the words of Esther’s Uncle Mordecai as he encouraged her and said those well-known words about her coming to the kingdom “for such a time as this.”


God is sovereign. Period. 


I don’t imagine Esther understood exactly why she was chosen to be Queen in the beginning. I’d even venture to say that Mordecai didn’t have the exact answer either, He just trusted God.  I’m sure the king didn’t really know the true reason she was in the palace either. He thought it was because she was his choice, beautiful and pleased him. Friend, he didn’t have a clue! God was lining up all the details which would lead to a great victory for the Jews and He would need Esther in the proper position to bring it to pass. 


Sometimes we don’t have an inkling of what is going on, and sometimes we think we “get it” but don’t have a clue; yet, we can be sure God is always working in the background.  


All this makes me wonder if I’m in the proper position for God to do something extraordinary. Esther wasn’t just in the proper physical location, she was in the right position spiritually. 


As I’ve read this book, I’ve thought about how humble, consistent and meek Esther must have been. She was submissive enough to go to the palace in the first place, obedient to her uncle in keeping her nationality hidden, persistent enough to remain faithful to her beliefs in spite of her surroundings, respectful to the king as her husband, kind to the man who had sealed her and her people’s fate, and had a good enough reputation and character for those around her to fast along with her. Can you imagine? Now, that makes me see Esther as extraordinary even though she was an average gal. She was IN the right position and being prepared FOR the right purpose. 


And so I’ve been thinking a lot about what position I am in. What might God be preparing me for? In everything that seems to be going on in my life, what details is God working together for me? What position am I in not only physically, but spiritually? What fruit am I bearing? 


What about you?


Am I displaying all the fruit and qualities I need to possess in order to be here for such a time as this? That’s something we probably all could “chew on” for quite a while, huh? Let’s take inventory. Is the proof of God’s fruit prevalent in my life? Is He getting me ready through all the current situations which look overwhelming to me? For something extraordinary?


Hold on, my friend. Step back. Take a deep breath. Do inventory. Let’s allow God to stretch us. I know it’s uncomfortable but will be so worth it. Remember how Esther called for a fast? Sometimes we have to stretch our spiritual muscles to uncover what seems to be hidden. He’s at work. Let’s get in the right position. Give Him space, time and fruit to work with. And who knows, we could be called and prepped for such a time as this. 


Be encouraged~

Comments