Lessons from My Cup of Nest



“Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?” Matthew 6:26



So, this morning I peeked inside my “cup of nest” and spotted this tiny little egg. Yes!! So excited! I quickly and quietly made sure there was fresh seed in the bird feeders and new water in the bath. Gotta be sure everything is as right as I can make it for the little, feathery mama. 


I know, God sees to that. Yet, I can’t help but want to help too! 


Then, I thought about how eager God must be to provide for His children. For me. For you. 


What a thought. What a reality! 


For the days we feel like we’re not of much value, let us remember that in His eyes we are priceless. He never forgets or forsakes us. He provides and wants to take care of us if we’ll allow Him to. He rejoices and sings over us and gave His very life for our salvation. 


No matter what our or anyone else’s opinion of us may be, let us always come back to this truth. 


I think this was a great reminder to me today that as excited as I am about what’s taking place in my little cup of nest and as eager as I am to do my part to help, God is probably even more excited about each of our lives and eager to help us grow and become victorious. 


What a hope and promise we have!

Comments