A Little of This & That to Enjoy



And...then there were three!


I hope you’re not tired of hearing about my cup of nest. For each of the last three days, an egg has been laid. I read that there are normally four to five eggs laid so I’m interested to see what tomorrow will bring. I feel like a youngster looking for Easter eggs!


Then, this evening, from our kitchen window, my husband and I watched a deer munching on some corn in the backyard. I didn’t know this until tonight, but sparrows like corn too. And, I think the small creatures might be a bit on the greedy side too! 


As we watched the deer eating, I noticed a sparrow which appeared to be harassing it. The tiny bird would lunge toward the deers head or at its legs. The deer didn’t seem to mind or be bothered much by the nagging; it was quite comical to us though. 


So, I suppose I’ll continue to watch for the end of the “egg laying” session, then in ten to fourteen more days, we’ll have a nest of baby birds singing their song unto the Lord. 


This evening we also enjoyed taking inventory of our pepper and tomato plants. Tiny buds have now grown into recognizable Romas and long slender Cayennes. It’s all amazing!


On another note, when I arrived home on Saturday, I found a box on my front porch steps. Immediately I wondered what I had “forgotten” that I had purchased from Amazon. Oops! Anyone ever had that experience? I opened the box and was totally surprised by a delightful bird house from a friend. I was so surprised! You know who you are, thanks for making my day and for thinking of me. 




It’s the simple things, folks. 


Hope you can find something simple to take pleasure in today. Keep your eyes and heart opened wide to receive whatever it is. We never know what God might have planned for our day. Oh, how He loves us!


Comments