Simple Things

 


Sometimes, it’s just the little things! Well, most of the time it is if we’re honest — and observant enough to notice. It’s easier for us to do this week when we’ve intentionally slowed down enough to enjoy ALL the things.

Blessings come in all shapes and sizes! And can be so simple. Like this beautiful, flaming Japanese maple tree. It looked like the Lord had a spotlight on it so I’d be sure not to miss it. 


We are in Tennessee for a week of much needed R&R. Today, we took in a flea market and another outlet store before getting lunch. My hubby wanted pizza...and so we found some. 

We drove a little bit out of our way, and paid a little more than I’d liked, but the moment was unforgettable and the food was delicious...even though we were deep into Tennessee Volunteer stomping ground. Ugh! (Ok, no football prejudice today!) The name of the place caught my attention though and we just HAD to try it out. 

See? Who wouldn’t have if you were us? We enjoyed our quiet, cozy corner booth in the college eatery. Even got extra cheesy pizza! Oh my!!! Extra bonus: we were the only diners there at the time. It felt like a little slice of blessing as we enjoyed our pizza and thought of our son. I even paid $20 for a memento!

Just a little sprinkling of God’s blessings added to our day. I want to watch well. I want to thank Him well. I want to appreciate well. I want to be thankful well. I don’t want to miss out on or overlook one single blessing. He does ALL things well!


I’m sure there will be more to share as I continue to take in the days. Until then, hope I can inspire you to look for the simple blessings in your day too. Be blessed~



Comments