Inside Looking Out

 

“Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10


This morning I’m enjoying listening  to the chirping and chattering of birds outside my window. It’s a cool, brisk morning so I’m enjoying the outside from the inside.  


Sometimes in life, we can enjoy something better or more fully from another perspective or vantage point. God provides those viewpoints for us. 


Sometimes we’re on top of the mountain and can see the difficult road we just climbed below. From where we began to the top appears to be a long way down. We rejoice in the victory in making it to the top. 


At other times, we’re in the wide valley below straining our neck in awkward positions in an attempt to get a better glimpse of the peak we’re trying to reach. We’re not sure what it will take to get to there from here, but we can rejoice in knowing God will be with us all the way. 


I’m reminded of the children of Israel who escaped Egyptian bondage, then came face to face with the sea. I’m reminded how God parted that sea and they walked through on dry ground. Just. Like. That. 


I’m reminded how they murmured and complained because they were hungry and then thirsty. I’m reminded of great walls of the cities they were meant to overtake. There were many vantage points for the children of Israel to see the goodness and faithfulness of God. 


I’m reminded of many times in my own life, of the many vantage points I’ve been provided. 


Having a tumor behind my eye as a child. 

Having Graves’ disease as a young teenager. 

Having toxemia as a young mother who just gave birth. 


Having no groceries in the pantry or fridge. 

Having financial struggles and vehicles with transmission issues. 

Having a husband who is jobless. 


Dealing with issues raising children. 

Dealing with messy relationships. 

Dealing with death and grief. 


Then, on the flip side,  there have been moments when God has proven Himself by healing my body, providing for my needs and answering the cries of my heart. 


There have been many dips in the road, many detours traveled, many stalls on the side of the road, and many falls and failures on my part...but God, He’s never failed. 


There have been sun-shiny days, and days when the storms rage viciously. There have been many scorching hot days and days when I thought I’d freeze while in motion. There have been both exhausting and refreshing days...but God, He’s always been by my side. 


Some days, I can walk on my own. Sometimes, I have to be carried. Some nights seemed they’d never end and the tears wouldn’t cease, but God, He’s always been as close as the mention of His name. 


What I’m saying today, as I sit inside looking out, is that God is a God of wherever you and I are - on any given day, at any particular moment. Every issue in our life provides Him with an extraordinary moment to show us His glory. Every trial is an opportunity for Him to prove His love and faithfulness to His children. Every growth and pruning period in our day gives nothing but room for His grace and redeeming power to show up in our lives. 


It’s just another perspective. 


So, no matter where we’re at in our walk today, no matter the weather or the strength in our spirit or body, He is present and willing to walk us toward glory. It doesn’t matter if we’re taking in the view from the top of the mountain or in the valley below, His eye is upon us and nothing catches Him by surprise. 


If you are strong, just grab His hand and walk on. If you’re struggling and feel too weak to continue on, allow Him to carry you today. If you’re celebrating a victory, give Him glory and praise. If you’re sitting in the middle of a horrible trial, worship Him for Who He is. 


He’s just like the Good Samaritan, He loves us too much to leave us where we’re presently at. This is not the end! This perspective may be all we can see in the here and now, but hold on, this journey will soon take on another view. Hang in there and know, He hasn’t brought us this far to leave us now. Our good is His ultimate goal. Rest and take delight in knowing that today. 


God is good and amazing at all He is and does. Have a blessed day no matter where you find yourself on this road of life. Remember, He is with us, able and ever so willing to bring us through! That is one thing we can count on, for sure and for certain, in this uncertain world in which we live. 


Coming at you, from the inside looking out. 


Be encouraged ~

Comments