Satisfied...

 


“O satisfy us early with your mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.” Psalm 99:14



The newness, stillness and refreshing that comes to us with a new morning...


I’ll be the first to admit, I’m NOT a morning person. I need time and space! My husband, on the other hand, wakes up chipper and chatty. Me? I’m like covering my head and ears with my pillow, begging for just a few more moments of nothingness. Yeah, we really bring balance to one another. The perfect team!


However, though I don’t care for mornings at 6:00 a.m. like my hubby does, I do enjoy most mornings at about 8:00a.m. most days. Two hours, give or take, sure makes a difference in my day though. 


Funny story, my husband and I enjoy fishing and hunting together. I have to work at enjoying it most of the time though, because his idea of a good fishing day is being on the water at daylight, while my idea of a good day is meandering down to the water around 8-9:00a.m. and leisurely dropping in my line.  It really is quite comical! I always tell him if I’m going to get up and go with him that early, he at least owes me breakfast...and some quiet time. 


Anyhow, there I go “chasing a squirrel”, as we say. 


Mornings. 


I adore my morning porch time ritual — on days when it’s not blistering hot or teeth-chattering cold. I nice cuppa and something to nibble on is a must. I’ve learned that I need this time to take care of me. I enjoy listening to and watching nature, wholly God designed and created. His imagination and creativity never cease to amaze me. 


Morning, in my opinion, is still the most satisfying part of the day. To know that God has once again waken me, that I am filled with strength, breath and life, to know He still has a purpose for me even in this day, and that I’m blessed with the mercies of God is priceless. So satisfying.  


Mornings set my rested body and mind in motion. 

Mornings dedicated to seeing the hand of God in my life are fulfilling.  

Mornings, fresh and new, without any mistakes give me hope. 

Mornings are perfect for giving myself to the Lord all over again. 


Why mornings? 


Because, as the day wears on and things become busy and life happens, it’s easy to become distracted, discouraged and weary with the journey. Lately, I’m finding that I’m exhausted with life by 8:30-9:00p.m. and ready for my bed...and I’ve always been a night person. 


Mornings are a gift — even if we’re not all crack-of-dawn morning people. A fresh, clean slate ready to be planned, arranged and lived. We might even get out on the wrong side of the bed occasionally, but we’re still starting a brand new day full of opportunity, mercy and grace. This is how we are able to rejoice all the days of our lives. 


God is there. We are there. That, in itself, is reason enough to rejoice. 


Everything in our world doesn’t have to be perfect for us to rejoice. The world often gets happiness and joy a little mixed up. Our circumstances don’t have to be perfect for us to rejoice. It’s about the hope we have in spite of them. 


Make a list of everything that’s not right in your life right now. Then, write GOD on the other side of the paper. Are any of the “wrongs” bigger than our God? I know, sometimes we forget that in times of frustration. 


During this time of year, I need to set myself an alarm for every hour of the day to remind me of this. We, as humans, get off track so easily. Sometimes we need reminders. That’s what I’m doing for us here. 


It’s easy to get consumed by life. One thing is for certain, our days are full of tactics from the enemy to discourage us. The strategies are numerous! Add that to the fact that we just get plain ole tired and it’s quite a combination. 


I think God knew it would be like this for us, which is why He gives us the gift of a new morning to start all over again...every day. No matter what happened yesterday, we can start over. That’s something I can rejoice about no matter what the day brings. What about you? 



Comments

  1. I can so relate to this. I think I love the idea of mornings more than actual mornings because I like to sleep in too! Visiting you from the recharge wed. link up. laurensparks.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

As always, feel free to leave a comment. It's all about us joining together to encourage one another.