Reality & Truth

 


I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation”.  Psalm 40:10

Enjoying porch time again, but today it is quite opposite of my time here yesterday. The sunshine is hiding out somewhere in the cloudy, gray sky and there are no birds chirping, unless an occasional crow calling can be considered chirping. Other than that, all I can hear is an occasional vehicle passing down the road, the creaking of my glider, and leaves rustling in the wind. 


Days in the natural world can be  just as random and surprising as the emotional realms of our lives are. 


It’s very apparent that there are days when I am a little more courageous than others, a little stronger and more determined. On the other hand, there are days when I feel weaker, a bit more fragile and not quite sure if I’ll make it til the end of my day. I’m human. This is my reality. 


This is life. This is normal ebb and flow. 


That’s why I’m grateful to have a relationship and walk with the Lord; because every day can bring about something a little different and I can never be quite sure about anything in my world, except Him. 


I love David and all he lets us in on in his world. As we read the Psalms, he lets us know he has similar moments, crazy thoughts and the such, just like us. He gets angry, depressed and scared. Just read through the Psalms and you’ll quickly see what I’m talking about. He also always turns his thoughts back to the character of God after stating the obvious. 


The obvious is reality, but God is truth


I was thinking about how even Jesus’ days were random. In His fleshly capacity, He didn’t know what each day would bring any more than we do. Some days found Him lonely, tired, hungry, weary, sad, grief ridden, or tearful. Other days He enjoyed being with the crowds, was energized, rejoicing, etc. One day He might be experiencing a mountaintop, the next a raging sea, the next a bustling city, or a quiet road leading to the next town. You get the picture? Even Jesus faced days like we do, so He could leave us a perfect example to follow and be acquainted with the pain our realities sometimes include. 


So, as I look back over some of my posts and the emotions that consume me on some days, I chuckle at the reality of what may sometimes appear something like a bobber. It might be swaying to and fro by the waves, or perhaps being pulled under the water by a fish hitting the hook, or just resting quietly atop the water’s surface. There’s no consistency to any of our days, or emotions for that matter. But God...


Whether the day is cloudy or sunny, cold or hot, rainy or snowy, breezy or still. Whether I am smiling or tearful, happy or sorrowful, I still know what’s true. The obvious may be reality, but my God is truth. 


No matter what our reality looks like, God is still faithful, committed, trustworthy, sovereign and truly able. This is our TRUTH. 


David knew that. I know that. And I hope you’ll recognize you do too. God’s character is our constant. 


Our relationship with Him doesn’t depend upon how we may feel on any given day; it’s based on our ability to admit our neediness and our faith to trust His willingness to see us through. He loves us so, He waits for us to invite Him into our reality though. He won’t fix or tend to anything we won’t allow Him the opportunity to touch. Why wouldn’t anyone want to love and serve Him? 


So, today I’m reeling a little bit if I were to be honest, my bobber is a bit wobbly, but not in the truth, only in reality. 


Life sometimes hurts, but I know the truth. 


It reminds me of the story of the Good Samaritan tending to the lame man who was left to die on the roadside.  The absolute truth is, my precious Lord faithfully and tenderly tends to every wound and He’s going to see to it that I’m okay today no matter what my reality is. He’ll do the same for you, I have no doubt. 


What a blessed assurance is ours. No matter what reality comes our way, God is constantly there, consistently and faithfully providing all the truth we’ll ever need to get through any moment of reality. 


Be blessed~

Comments