Just Write - The Gift


I love to write. I cannot keep from writing. When I'm not writing, I'm thinking about, listening and watching for something to write about. (I love college-ruled paper and black pens...and my trusty laptop which helps me write and edit with ease.) People joke with me and say, "Write about that!" 

I received a special heart-gift this week from a friend which included a book entitled, "Just Write." It makes me happy to write. When I have writers block, I'm a miserable creature. I have been blessed with an insatiable desire to write words. Yet, it doesn't matter to me if I ever produce a best seller. I'm not interested in a novel on the top of any readers list. I don't need fame, fortune, etc. - that's not what gratifies me. 

What I desire most when I write is for the words I pen to enter the heart of a reader somewhere out there and for that person's heart to be encouraged, inspired and turned toward God. Because, after all, the most important aspect of our lives is the soul part that will live eternally. I write to encourage and uplift those souls. (I write on some days to do that to my own weary soul.)

What makes writing worthwhile to me?

It's not about how many "likes" I get on Facebook or having someone "tweet" one of my originals. Although those things might be a tad bit exciting when they do happen, that's not what it's all about.  I often share the three steps I've come up with and use in my writing process, "1) Just write it, 2) click publish and 3) pray for God to let it reach whomever may need it."

When I follow those steps, God does amazing things. Just today, I received a text from someone who said, "Your post yesterday was for me, thanks." It's at times like that when I feel God is looking down on me with a smile or giving me a quick wink. Occasionally, I'll receive a message or comment on Facebook thanking me for posting and how it had been just what that person had needed that day. It's in moments like these that I feel blessed to be able to pen words and get my thoughts down on paper. When someone comments on my blog and says, "I didn't think of it that way. Thanks for sharing your perspective." It is inspiring to me.  Oh, how I love it when God allows the gift He's given me to bless the hearts of others. 

However, I know it's not all about me. If I never receive interaction on anything I write ever again, that's OK. It's about the gift. It's about the God who's given the gift. It's about sharing the gift. It's about that gift touching the life of a sister (or brother) out there who might be struggling and in need of some encouragement. It's about that sweet soul being uplifted and inspired to keep on putting one foot in front of the other as they walk toward God...whether I ever find out or not.  

That, my friend, is why I write. Why. I. Love. To. Write. The gift.

Thanks to each of you who have blessed me with a glimpse of how my gift has touched your life. It's always so encouraging. Also, I'd like to thank those of you who silently read. Keep reading, please! And to those who encourage me to WRITE and help support me in my endeavors...thank you. I am one blessed girl! Writing brings me such joy.

Until next time...I'm glad you stopped by. Keep your eyes on Jesus and share your gifts. You can do it! Together, we can make it. Jesus is coming soon! Until then...I'll JUST WRITE and share my gift with whomever the Lord brings onto this path. Blessings~

Comments