Yes, Jesus Loves Me #thankfulin(F)All

From my backseat, I hear the voice of a sweet, little, six-year-old boy singing softly, "Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so." And...as the melody leaves his sweet, little, lips, I feel the my heart thump a little louder and quicker. It feels so good to be loved. A simple truth.


His love is so wonderful. So amazing! To think that the God of glory would know me and love me. Just like I am. Unconditionally. I wonder how sometimes. However, I only need to open His love letter to me (and you), the Bible, and I can see it time and time again. Yes, Jesus loves me!

There's nowhere we can run to escape His love!


This is the season we celebrate the birth of Jesus. He came as a baby, born in a manger, because He loved us so. 

"...God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." I John 4:9

After the first chorus, this little guy started over again, singing either in another language or in a make-believe language all His own. I continued to listen, basking in the glory of the moment. It didn't matter that I didn't recognize the words, it was simply understood. Such a simple tune, but oh, so beautiful. I could just envision the two of us sitting at the feet of Jesus like the pictures we see illustrated in children's books so often. Complete peace. His undivided attention upon us. Oh, how He loves us. 

I wonder often times if I can even grasp the fullness of it all. I decided that, no, I'll never be able to wrap my head around how someone so perfect, so majestic, could love us like He does. Yet, I know it's true just the same. He's proven it time and time again. And...in my heart I join this little guy's song...

"Yes, Jesus loves me!"


It's not because of anything I have done, but simply because of who I am. The same is true for you too, my friend. He loves you, just because you're you. Not because of anything you've done, not done, or anything you will do. Let's sing it together as we enjoy this season. As we celebrate together, remember it's all because He loved us so.  It's simple. That is the reason for Christmas!

Comments