Come Anyhow!

"Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: 
God is a refuge for us. Selah."  Psalms 62:8

A funny, but oh-so-real thought came to me this morning. I've been thinking about it all day and decided to sit down and record it so I can be reminded again later. 

I've watched my children pout, pitch a fit, or throw a temper-tantrum when they were little. He might not have gotten the toy he wanted, or she may not have been happy having to settle for a fruit snack instead of a chocolate, fudge cookie. I have multiple pictures of my children with red, tear-stained faces to prove some of those very moments. Been-there-done-that! (My parents probably have pics of me too!)

But...I've been there personally too - even as an adult I must confess. I've had my own bouts with being upset and disappointed. Hurt and confused. Misunderstood and uncertain of what to do next. What, you too? I'm sure we've all had our own share of moments filled with red, tear stained faces with mounds of white, wadded-up, tissue scattered about. Maybe some of us have even  gotten a bit violent on occasion. I'm sure we've all screamed out at times in moments of confusion and frustration. That's natural. The Bible tells us that we WILL have troubles. (John 16:33) These are reactions.

The Bible also tells us to cast our cares on Him (Psalms 55:33, I Peter 5:7) as well as to cast down all imaginations (2 Corinthians 10:5). I have to do that often too! What about you? Have you been there too? 

Isn't it a relief to share these things?! Aren't we all thankful we have somewhere safe to ditch those crazy thoughts and things we imagine on the darker days of our lives? And...aren't we glad it doesn't matter what it looks like while we're doing it either? What a blessed assurance that I can't scare Him away when I'm having a bad-day. Hey, we all act like spoiled brats on some days, don't we? He's still working on me!

Shew! When I find myself red, faced and with hot, tears streaming like the Niagara, or when I'm ready to let out a scream of frustration, I'm thankful I don't have to put up a front or hide behind a mask. I can come to Him unashamed. Just like I am. He doesn't mind what it looks like as long as I'm coming to Him. After all, He has all the answers and longs to care for us because we are His children. It's His delight to be our refuge.

When I come to Him, laying everything willingly down at His feet, He is always waiting, and willing too. He takes my load and replaces it with good things.  Is it right to act so childish? That's a simple answer: NO. However, He simply takes what I bring Him and changes my perspective while I pour is all out at His feet and allow Him to work on my behalf. 

Are you ready? Maybe you want to bring some of your load to Him too. He waits...always knowing that we'll need Him. He's always there with open arms. We'll never be turned away. Even if we're re-acting like little children on the playground. Let's take off our masks and come before Him, it doesn't matter what it looks like, He's waiting right now. Come anyhow, sulking and pouting~


Comments