The Struggle is Necessary


So, if you've been keeping up with my posts recently...welcome back...and to a new day. Aren't we thankful that God's mercies are new each and every day?

Pastor mentioned this past week that God was going to bring back a forgotten prayer to our minds. I thought about it at the time and asked God to bring something to my mind...then I forgot all about it. Until...this morning. 

Remember yesterday I told you about feeling like I wasn't gaining any ground? Well, I realized this morning while talking to a sweet friend that this certain thought has continuously kept rattling around in my head. Clang. Clang. Clang. Except...I might not have been paying much attention to it. (OK, I said it! That felt good!) Yeah, the Lord has been trying to remind me of something after all. I just had to recognize it first. 

A couple years ago, there was a prophesy for my husband and myself. Like I said, it had been forgotten...until this week. When I finally stopped and opened the door for it to enter into my spirit, my heart was immediately filled with hope. I believe it can be applied to your life too. So, for myself and anyone out there who may be struggling with life, let me share:

First, let me start by just saying this -


THE STRUGGLE IS NECESSARY!

 

Eww! I know, it caught me off guard too. However, remember stories of the caterpillar spending time in a cocoon? How it would be slowly transformed and then would eventually struggle to free itself? Ironically, without the struggle, a butterfly would never fly, it would never be strong, and it would never be beautiful. In the prophecy, my husband and I were told that we would indeed struggle to get out of the cocoon but when we did a beautiful butterfly would emerge. 

What a perspective change! When you begin to look at life from that angle.  Life's problems, whether they be relational, financial, or health issues, they are working for our good.

  "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory..."  2 Corinthians 4:17

Our struggle, our affliction, the pressure, is working to bring beauty in our lives. It's a gift. Remember, God's growth charts look quite differently from what we're accustomed to. His ways are high above our ways. The struggles we find ourselves in right now, if we'll continue to be faithful to Him, will bring about a beauty that will be undeniable and we'll be transformed in the process. What hope!

And...as I write this post, my internet is cut off. Perfect timing, huh? So, I will post this as soon as I am able. 

What I want you (and myself) to remember, is not to be overwhelmed by the process. It might not be anything we're doing wrong. There might not even be a "problem." In due season...we WILL reap our rewards. 

What testimony and inspiration we will be able to share with others along the way! In the meantime, know that we're in the prepping stage, the transformation is progressing....let's prepare to spread our beautiful wings, prepare to be strong...and fly. 

Enjoy this gift of hope sent from my heart to yours.  Blessings~

Comments