I HAVE A DREAM!

 "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding...
your labour is not in vain in the Lord."  1 Corinthians 15:58

"I have a dream..."

This phrase is the first that always comes to mind when I hear the name Martin Luther King, Jr. Today marks the remembrance of him on our calendars, and I'd like to take just a moment to ask each of us about our dreams. Do we have a dream? Are we excited about the possibility of them coming to pass? Or has our dream been crushed and buried deep below? Do we still believe in the possibility that it will come to pass? 

Maybe we dream of owning our own home. Or perhaps we dream of having children or that ideal career path. The truth is, there are many areas in life of which we dare to dream, but what about spiritual dreams? Do we have any of those? After all, only the eternal things of this life will last and count for anything in the long run. 

I'd like to share my grandest dream...to hear my Maker one day exclaim, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." I imagine I'm not alone. This world will one day pass away and we hope to end up on the beautiful shores of Heaven with our Lord. We dream of being in His presence, seeing His face, worshiping Him forever on streets of gold. What a dream! There are other spiritual dreams I have too. I want to be a humble and meek servant, available to do whatever the Lord needs me to do whatever it looks like. I desire to shine forth for Him in every way! I dream for mighty revival that will shake our city, state and country and draw us all closer to the Lord.

Yes, it's great to have dreams; but sometimes seeing dreams come true takes much work, flexibility and yielding on our part. There are times when it may look like our dreams will never come to pass. Hey, they're not handed to us on silver platters, are they? Not hardly! There are times we will falter and have to begin anew with a fresh outlook and greater determination to see our dreams come true - and it probably won't happen overnight either. However, we can't afford to give up.

Seeing a dream come true is about being consistent, persistent, steadfast and continually availing ourselves to the possibility. It's about never giving up hope. If we're dreaming eternal dreams, we can know this, the Lord is eager to bring them to pass on our behalf for it brings Him glory and honor in the process. Let us keep doing what we know to do and allow God to do the rest. The question is...are we willing to work, watch and wait? Dr. King wasn't afraid. 

If your dreams have become faded and you have lost all hope, I encourage you (and myself) today to step out of your comfort zone and yell to the top of your lungs today, "I have a dream!" Let's take the opportunity to serve the enemy and ourselves notice - we haven't given up. No, we're still in this fight and know that our labor isn't in vain...God will bring our eternal dreams to fruition and we will win. Now, say it with me with gusto, "I HAVE A DREAM!" Be blessed and don't give up on the dream God has placed within you.





Comments