Lost And Found



“Kind of compares to laying back, totally relaxing, eyes closed, face to the sun...just allowing yourself to be carried by the current of a stream.  Don't really know where I'm going, but God is the force behind me and He's carrying me in the path He intends while I enjoy resting in Him,” these are the exact words I used to describe to my friend how I felt about my current position in the Lord.  It was a good kind of LOST I described!  I love to float in the water, it’s such a free feeling with nothing weighing you down.  Upon closing your eyes and giving yourself over to the will of moving water, you may find yourself quickly away from your comfort zone.
I continued to think about this illustration which had popped so vividly into my mind as I was searching for just the right words to describe this peaceful feeling.  It was then that the Lord reminded me of the verse in His Word, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) This is exactly what I had described!  Trust…simply giving yourself over to, relaxing in the Lord. Lean not…don’t let anything weigh you down – fear, doubt, negative thinking, etc.  Acknowledge him…turn your face to the Lord, don’t try to hide or be ashamed of what you’re feeling or going through.  He shall direct…don’t fret over where you’re going or how you’re going to get there, allow the Lord complete control in getting you from your current location to the destination He has planned.  Remember, He knows the plans He has for you…to give you an expected end!
In the physical world, we tend to sink at times when we don’t fully relax and trust in the carrying power of the water – you can’t float and fight at the same time.  The same is true in the spiritual realm, God can’t do in us what He desires and take us to greater depths (out of our comfort zone) in Him unless we relinquish our desires, agendas, worries, impossible situations, etc. over to Him.  There are times when we’re not meant to be brave and fight…God wants us to wait on the Him; we must allow Him to be strong and fight on our behalf.
What a great feeling to be lost in the assurance that God has everything under control, resting in His promises and knowing that He hasn’t taken His eyes off of you.  He is ever so faithful!  When we allow Him to direct our path and give ourselves to His will and purpose, a new “us” can be found.  Sometimes God has to take us to the very bottom of the sea before we’re at a place where He can take over and perform in us what He desires. 
Lord, help me to surrender myself lost, I know then that you are faithful to
find me and do a good work within me!

Comments

Post a Comment

As always, feel free to leave a comment. It's all about us joining together to encourage one another.