God Covers It All


"But my God shall supply all your need..." Philippians 4:19

I'm learning these days, more than ever, to take God at His Word. That's a good thing. Yes! It is most definitely good. 

I think we often go through life without ever knowing the full extent and taking advantage of everything God says He IS and WILL BE to us. I'll not pretend to fully grasp it all, I don't think we will ever fully "get it", yet it has become more real to me these days than ever before. 

I am hanging on with every fiber of my being...this, my HOPE.

He promised to be my Salvation, Comforter, Counselor, Peace Speaker, Provider, Healer and Heart Mender. (That's just to name a few!)

He promised He'd fight for me, extend grace and mercy on my behalf, cover me, hide me, give me rest, hold me up, see me through every valley, care for me and love me. (Again, that is only to name a few!)

Since the death of my son, I find there are so many different levels of loss and grieving that find their way into my brokenness. For instance, one day I found myself in a meltdown because somehow the falling leaves reminded me of him. I found myself, drowning in hot tears as I begged God to "make the leaves stop falling." (I know, it's alright to laugh. I was able to smile later too...much later.) 

I've found myself with questions that only a grieving mother could ask. I choose not openly share those. Just take my word for it. Making decisions on how to spend what would have been my son's 25th birthday (coming on November 20th) is also something I'm having to figure out and deal with. Next, there's Thanksgiving. Then, Christmas. Then, a new year. Some days it hurts this way. Other days it hurts in that way and a million other ways on other days. See? I'm finding that I need EVERY attribute and promise of God. 

I'm finding that no matter how I'm feeling, and which area of loss I'm dealing with at any given moment, there's one thing that never changes: GOD! No matter what I need at the time, He provides it or IS it. He gives me peace when I feel like I'm about to lose it. When I cry out to Him and plead for Him to hold me together tightly, He does. He puts people in my life to squeeze me tight and do the "hands and feet of Jesus" stuff. When I feel all alone, He reminds me He is near. His Word reminds me of His unfailing promises too. Talk about a one-size-fits-all...He covers it ALL. 

Does it ease the pain? Yes, at times. Does it take it away? Never. Does it help me get through the difficult moments? EVERY TIME! How? Because, above all...I have Hope. That, my friend, was the One Word I chose at the beginning of the year. I never dreamed I'd need it like I have, but God knew. Just another wonderful thing about Him. He ALWAYS knows what we need before we do.

He knew during this season of life, I'd need Him more than ever before...and He's shown up BIG! In every way. True, He's been there all along, but often times He brings us to things to show Himself to us in new ways. Since this is the season of thankfulness, this is what I'm most thankful for this year - that HE covers it all. Every angle. Every phase. Every detail. 

I am thankful. I am blessed. My heart may be broken, I may by grieving right now, but deep-down, it is well with my soul. I have hope. God covers it all...all to Him I owe. 


I must say one more thing. To you. If you're needing God, He'll be there for you too. Just exactly how you need Him to be too. There's no situation too big or off-limits to Him. He's good like that!

Oh, one more thing too. I write through tears often nowadays. I don't have it all together, and won't pretend to...but then I don't have to. As I write, and a fresh, hot, tear falls to my keyboard, I do so to encourage myself - and you. 

Comments