Live. Laugh. Love.



Today...enjoy life to the fullest. Pull every single bit of goodness out of it. Appreciate every breath, every hug, every smile...every chance you have to make a difference or to love deeply...DO IT.

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; 
we will rejoice and be glad in it." 
Psalm 118:24

LIVE. LAUGH. LOVE.

I think this verse was the very origin of that popular phrase. "This is the day"...we're not promised another, or even all of this one. Take joy in every single second. No matter what it looks like, fill it with what matters most, make the most of every moment...and most of all be thankful for all the blessings of the Lord. We cannot afford to waste a single day or take anyone for granted!

I suppose in my current season of life, this "new normal" I'm struggling to live after the loss of one of my children, I want to scream it from the top of my lungs, loudly through my brokenness and pain, for myself, my family, and for anyone out there that will listen. 

Live. Laugh. Love.

This Momma heart aches to give one more hug, to say I love you once more, to make a simple bowl of soup once more, to celebrate another birthday and holiday together. I ache for the Daddy heart that longs to do those simple, but oh so important things that only Dad's can do. I ache for a wife heart that no longer has those strong arms to hold her at night. For the baby hearts that no longer have a Daddy to play with them, to put them to bed, or to make them  happy. For other family members that have a hole in their hearts too. It's amazing how just one life can affect so many people. I see that now more than ever.

I'm convinced today more than ever, that often times, we never know quite the impact we're making on someone's life or the impact others have made on ours, until it's taken away and we're left with nothing but memories to hold on to. There's a list of things in my heart, one that has to be filed away for now, one that I can never "check" the boxes on. A "to-do" list. A "to say" list. Guess what? We all have those lists and it's up to us to check the boxes while there's still time. Let's not be too busy. Too tied up. 

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." 
James 4:14

Yesterday, I sat at a table and talked about things a mother never wants to talk about. I listened to things a wife never wants to say. It's oddly strange how one can see so clearly with a broken heart. 

We have been given a choice today. To make the most of it. To love deeply. To think of others before ourselves. To give unselfishly. To appreciate each other. To make the most of today. To say that things that matter. To rejoice - maybe even through and in spite of our pain.

Although my heart is shattered in a million jagged pieces, can I encourage each of us?

LIVE. LAUGH. LOVE. TODAY!

During the last couple days, I know many, many people have visited my blog and I know people have been touched by our story. I thank each of you who have shown love and support, sent cards and prayed, set up benefits for our family, cooked food and sent flowers. I want to take this opportunity to send out a huge, heartfelt thank-you. We are so appreciative of everything and could never say thank you to everyone individually. However, we have been touched by each act of kindness and blessed in our pain. Thank you! 



Comments