Loaded with Benefits


"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:"  Psalm103:2

Cold and drizzle were the main factors in today's forecast. After church, my husband treated me to my favorite, personalized "cuppa" coffee - Carmel Macchiato, decaf, non-fat milk, one-and-a-half pumps of syrup. Yes, special order, please.

As we drove home, I sipped my coffee and quietly browsed out rain-spotted windows. I was taking it all in. Suddenly, in the middle of the drab, gray day, I caught a glimpse of something beautiful. I wish I could say I had been able to get my phone out quick enough to snap the photo, but I can't. However, the picture is pressed into my mind so vividly.

Amid the grayness of the day, I noticed a patch of luscious, lavender-blue Wisteria. I've always loved this vine since when I was just a child and my father planted some in our front yard. I always love when they bloom each spring. That wasn't the only thing I spotted though. This colorful vine was only the backdrop for what actually caught my eye - a bright red cardinal. The sharp contrast of the bright red against the light purple was simply beautiful. And I thought to myself, "Isn't God amazing?!" He paints the most beautiful moments in our lives.

At that very moment in time, I forgot about the rain. The gray. The blah of the day. The cold. For that split second, God spoke loudly to my heart, "I am here. I see you. I'm putting this special splash of beauty in the middle of your day just so you'll know." You might think that's a little far-fetched; but God loves you and I just that much. True, He speaks through the wind and the fire, and even louder ways at times. On occasion though, He chooses to speak to us softly...in small, intimate ways that are undeniably His display of fervent love.

My heart was in awe. Such beauty. Such a loving God.

My heart was grateful. Such thankfulness. Thanking God "who daily loadeth us with benefits."

I began to take inventory. My personalized "cuppa", my sweet hubby, the rainy drizzle, the grayness of the day, the cold in the air, the beautiful spray of lavender, and the bright red spot which represented to me, in this moment, my Savior's love for me. What benefits! How easy it would have been to miss all these whispers of God's love. I'm so glad He got my attention. What's He trying to show you today? How's He trying to speak to you? Are you watching? Listening?

Be blessed today~ we are loaded with benefits. Above all, O, how He loves us!

Comments