Why? Because...



Has your child ever looked at you and said, "Why not, Mom? Why can't I have it?" or "Why is it turning out like this? It's not what I had planned! Aren't children always full of the most unanswerable questions? You know, like, "How does this work?" What about the infamous "Why?" question"? Oh, my!

And guess what? Yeah, here I am...still asking questions after all these years. What about you, my friend?

Sometimes what we perceive as the "bad stuff" happening in our lives, is actually God at work. 


Remember the verse that goes something like this: His ways are not our ways nor are His thoughts our thoughts? Well, He was serious about that! I think you can read the exact wording in Isaiah 55:8. 

On more than one occasion in my life, I've knelt to pray and have asked God, "What in the world is going on? Why this? Why now? What next?" Yeah! I've questioned God more than a few thousands of times in my lifetime already - maybe most even in my adulthood.

 

Sometimes I just have a hard time seeing what He's seeing ...because I'm not God. And...that's completely OK.


Why did this sickness overtake me? How did I get here? What happens when my children get out-of-control in their teenage years? How am I going to make it out of this financial situation? Why? What now? Where to from here? Are we supposed to accept this job which includes moving out of state? Are we supposed to wait for something else? Why is this relationship in trouble? Is this the answer to what I've been praying for? What's wrong with this picture? Is this what its supposed to look like? Is this the right path God has chose for me? You get the picture...life can be full of unanswered questions. You can think of your own batch, I'm sure. 

I'm certain, as a mom, you sometimes wanted to make a recording saying, "Just because!" or "Because I said so!" After all, how many times are we expected to answer the same exact question in a day anyhow? Or perhaps you get tired of trying to explain your reasoning behind something your child will never be able to grasp the concept of until they're more mature. Maybe you've caught yourself saying, "One day you'll understand..."

Look, we're not going to understand His ways every time either. At times when we think something is bad for us, it might actually be just want He ordered for us. Yes, we're going to ask questions; however, we'll never ask too many. He does not tire of hearing us cry out to Him. He is compassionate. When we don't understand, He is patient. When we make a mess of it all, He is long-suffering. He's able to take the broken pieces of our lives and hearts and gently put them back together again. 

We don't have to understand to know He will come through.


He does it just because He is our Father...and will always know what's best for us. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

If you're asking questions today. If you don't understand the path God has you on right now or the pain you're enduring. If you don't understand or see the way, just hang in there. Give Him permission to interfere with your stuff and watch Him take control. With God, all things are possible. Even when we don't understand and think our world is falling apart. 

Though we might get frustrated when our child continually asks questions, we never forget they're our children and we want what's best for them. Our Father is the same, isn't He?


"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" Matthew 7:11

Every question has an answer. Every situation has an ending. Every child of God has hope of a better day. And you know what??? That uncomfortable stuff just might be a blessing in disguise. Hang in there...this too shall pass. Why? How do I know? Because God said so...in reply to my last question. Be encouraged!



Comments