Pay to the Order Of

Tonight, my sweet husband began browsing through the mail. The usual junk mail and holiday sales flyers found their way into the trash can, my daughter was handed her mail, and he began opening the remaining mail that belonged to us. I don't remember quite what his exact words were, but the look on his face was priceless and immediately got my attention...and my hopes up.

 He began reading a letter from our electric company. I listened intently, then about fainted in the floor and jumped through the ceiling all at once. I kind of felt like the verse in the Bible about running through a troop and leaping over a wall. Oh yeah! God did it again. My heart was exploding with excitement and thankfulness to the One who knows how to be right on time.

Below the letter was a wonderful, perforated, portion complete with a nice check made out to my hubby. What!? First of all, it was a refund check. "Oh yeah, by the way, you paid too much." Mind you, that would have been amazing enough. However, this check we were being reimbursed for was from 1997 and 1998. Twenty years ago, friends. 

After my excitement subsided a bit and my brain settled down again, I began to think about how God knows every detail of our lives. How He knew that we would need a blessing this first week of December...2016.  I thought about how He is a Provider who is ALWAYS right on time. I also thought about the fact that only 20 minutes earlier I had been reflecting on my day. I had even asked myself, "How did I see God in my day?" I was looking for something out-of-the-ordinary - and He capped my day off with a spectacular display of His limitless ability.

I went and searched the scriptures for that verse I mentioned earlier and I thought I'd share it with you. Psalm 18:29:

"For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."

His way is perfect. His timing is perfect. His word is perfect. His provision is perfect. Trusting Him is perfect. Living for Him is perfect. PERIOD! PERFECT! What does He have headed your way? God's provisions come in all shapes and sizes and in the most unexpected ways and times. 

God has the perfect "Pay to the order of" complete with your name on it too. You'll find yourself testifying too. Just you wait and see~

Comments