Aha Moments #thankfulin(F)All

Another "aha" moment for me today...God is using this season to open my eyes and show me things I've never seen before. I am amazed and thrilled by it all.

Eph 6:12  "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  

I've been questioning God for a few weeks now about "fighting." Am I supposed to fight or rest in Him? (I wonder if the Lord must shake His head in dismay at me on some days. Why does it take me so long to get it?)

I know the scripture, about the battle not being ours but the Lord's. I know we say it often, that the enemy is defeated. I wonder how can we fight an enemy that's already defeated? How can we fight what we cannot see? We cannot "see" what Paul proclaims in Ephesians that we fight against. Not literally anyhow. It's only seen through spiritual eyesight. And, we already know who wins in the end. I've heard all this since I was a little girl in Sunday school....today it hit me like a ton of bricks though. REVELATION!

I've often wondered how we can fight and be still (rest) at the same time. Here's what God showed me today:

We don't have to fight, we simply have to STAND. We only need to put the armor on so we'll be protected - and then just stand there and watch God fight our battles. Resting in Him. Trusting Him to do whatever needs to be done. The battle isn't ours, it's the Lord's! Makes so much sense now. (See? I told you I'm a slow learner. lol) Here are the things I have to DO:

  • I have to know the truth and speak it to myself during times of battle.
  • I have to live a life of righteousness to the best of my ability.
  • I have to speak and seek peace.
  • I have to trust God and have faith.
  • I have to have God's blood and name applied to my life through salvation.
  • I have to dig into God's Word daily and allow Him to speak to me.
  • I have to spend time in prayer so I can have an intimate relationship with Him. 


I can do all these things! That is all it takes for me to do MY part in the fight. This is how I rest in Him. The rest is up to God! How mind-blowing!? It really is basic. Simplicity! I've made it so hard all my life. Goodness. Felling a praise break coming on about now~ hold on a moment. :)


James 4:7  "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." 

When those fiery darts come, and they will, if I've submitted to God's plan and have my armor on, I don't have to worry or do a thing - I just stand there and smile in the face of the enemy. I cannot lose! Those little pesky darts will just ricochet off of my armor causing the devil to flip out and take off running for cover. That's what I'm talking about.

Want to be my "fighting" partner, friend? We've got this. We are victorious!!! I've read the back of the book and now it all makes sense to me. WE WIN!

Comments