God Showed Up In a Sunday School Song #write31days

God showed up today in a...

Sunday School song

The simple things always bring you back around to the most important things. I learned it in Sunday school when only a child...and have never forgotten the words. Yes, Jesus loves me!

To say I haven't forgotten the words is a true statement...sometimes I've failed to recall the truth of the words however. How about you? At times in life, we all question, "Where are you God? What in the world is going on in my life? Does He know where I am? Have I been forgotten?" 

The truth is, He knows because He loves us. Sure, we'll question and wonder from time to time, but no matter what it looks like or how it feels, God loves us. After all, He IS love. We belong to Him.

As I sang the song during altar call this morning, my heart was overwhelmed with His goodness once more with the awe of His love. As the tears ran down my face, I turned once more to that little Sunday school girl who trusted God with her whole life, who knew who she was and who she belonged to and that in spite of what life or others said, that she was loved. Back to the basics. Child-like faith.

For those of you out there who find yourself wondering if, after all the wrong you've done, or where you are in life, if you're looking at the mess you've made or even if you're feeling beyond the reach of help and love, GOD LOVES YOU. He's there for you with open arms. Run to Him and feel Him squeeze you tight. Oh, how He loves us! 

It may seem simple, but it is the most important truth you'll ever know. Yes, Jesus loves me~

Comments