God Showed Up In an Inconvenience #write31days

God showed up today in an...

INCONVENIENCE

It's quite windy here in Georgia, this sunshiny autumn day. I have my doors and windows open enjoying the breeze...although, that's not originally WHY I opened them in the first place. The true reason I opened them to begin with was because our power went out and we needed some air. However, today God showed up in that lack-of-power issue in a beautiful way. 

What originally seemed like a less-than-desirable situation, turned into a day full of fresh breezes and beautiful strings of music from my wind chimes on the front porch. Did I say that I adore the sound of wind chimes? Well, I do! The truth is, our power only stayed out for a couple hours or so...and four hours later, here I am with my doors and windows still open wide. Enjoying every moment, mind you.

Isn't that just how God often times works in our lives? We reach an unpleasant bend in the road, a burdensome valley, or we find ourselves in the ditch on a desert place - and we are tempted to (and sometimes do) question God or we look at it through our carnal eyes as an inconvenience or setback. Can you recall such a situation in your life?

When, all along, God's plan is to use that issue to bring about something we'll enjoy and take pleasure, or learn and grow in. It's meant for our betterment! Truly, His ways are NOT our ways. He's a master designer, isn't He? And honestly, I wouldn't really want it to be MY way all the time, would you? He has such a better plan - every time. I think of the scripture in Romans 8:18, "...the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed..."

I'm not someone who has it all together and this concept conquered. I won't even pretend to. However, I am telling you that today, God nudged me enough to show me, once again, there can be beauty in spite of any circumstance or inconvenience. 

That is what I wanted to share with you. May it encourage your soul wherever you may find yourself today. This ugly moment might break forth into glorious beauty before your very eyes at any moment. Have faith and wait upon the Lord~

Comments