God Showed Up In His Word #write31days

God showed up in my today through...

HIS WORD

Yeah, I know that's kind of an "obvious" place for Him to show up, right? Just the same, doesn't it feel overwhelmingly inspiring to open the Word and for things to just start flowing into your spirit? It brings about a renewed confidence in the Lord, a blessed calmness, a sweet reassurance to my soul. 

This morning, my cup was left full and overflowing because I had such a "moment" with the Lord. The Lord's been dealing with me lately about completely trusting Him. You know, the blind-faith kind. The kind that's invigorating and knocks you out of your socks at the same time. Can that even happen?! (chuckling at my comparison) 

As a Christian, I "trust" God. That's what we're supposed to do, isn't it? Yet, I admit to you (confessing a fault) that sometimes I fumble the ball when it comes time to trust Him. I don't have it all together nor will I pretend to.

2 Timothy 1:7 spoke to me this morning:
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power
and of love and of a sound mind."

The Bible is full of verses about not being afraid so He must have known we would have issues with this. I don't believe the Lord wastes His breath speaking unnecessary words. 

Why do we fear? Most of the time I find I fear because of something that happened "yesterday" (in the past). Think about it, as a baby we have no fear. As we become a toddler, we begin to experience life. Until we touch the stove burner, we cannot know the pain it will cause. Until we fall down, we just aren't aware of the suffering it can bring. So, to put it simply, YESTERDAY may have brought pain and suffering,  causing us to fear similar situations TODAY. However, God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He can be trusted regardless of the scars we carry within our hearts.

We don't have to fear today or tomorrow if we'll simply give all of ourselves to God and trust Him to do best on our behalf every time. True, yesterday might have left scars on our life but today those scars are not to hold us back from moving forward and doing what He's called us to do. NO WAY! Today those scars are only there to prove to us, to remind us and show others that we came through. We were victorious through God! And that, my friend, means when fear rears its head in our lives, we can look at those scars and be reminded that we can get through "this" today.

It probably won't happen in an instant. The testing of our faith is a life-long process I believe, but one well worth taking just the same. If you find yourself fearful today, know it's NOT of God and then begin to take baby steps toward trusting God and watch how your faith begins to grow as God gently leads the way. Won't you join me in this journey? God is with us, fighting for and defending us. He is our Father and He desires to work every situation out for our good....for His name's sake.

Think about it...look at that fear and those scars...and press on toward victory.

Comments