You've Got This

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: 
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the
right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10
 
Sometimes you just have to keep on climbing.

There's only one way to get to the top. There's only one way to overcome obstacles that threaten to be insurmountable. There's only one way to make it to the finish line.

KEEP ON CLIMBING!

I can't tell you that it didn't seem like an impossible feat to get back to the top. I can't tell you that I wasn't out of breath or that my heart didn't threaten to beat out of my chest. I can't tell you that I looked as put-together at that moment as when I first began. I can't tell you that I didn't have to stop often to refocus. I can't tell you that my muscles didn't ache and cramp...and tremble. The truth is, ALL that HAPPENED. It was hard work. It took patience. Perseverance. Persistence. It also took some help and coaching from my husband to get me back to the top. "You've got this!"

Over 1,400 stair-steps and lots of rocky trail made up the route. There were struggles, but there was also beauty and blessed moments along the way that I'll never forget. 

You know what? It's the same way in our walk with the Lord. It can be quite scary some days. We may question if we're going to be able to make it. We might even be ready to quit sometimes. It's not always easy. We have to learn and grow along the way. We must make up our mind that quitting isn't an option. God is right here with us! If we stop and listen, we can hear His gentle, encouraging whisper, "I'm right here with you. You've got this!"

We just keep climbing, my friend. It will be worth it one day. We can make it! It might look impossible from where we're standing right now, but be encouraged. God is always with us and we'll never walk a single step alone. The same God who created the mountains and the valleys will be our strength and our help...all the way to the end.

Keep climbing...you've got this! Because He's holding you in His hand.

Comments