Wrap Your Roots Around This

"He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved."
Psalm 62:6




As I sat down for a breather, to take a rest at the bottom of Sitton's Gulch Trail, I looked across the way and spotted this view. I was instantly mesmerized. Truly, the photo doesn't do it justice, for one cannot see the other network-leg of roots hugging the other side of this boulder. You see, somehow or another, these tree roots wrapped tightly around this rock and the rest is history. 

I sat there in amazement as I took it all in. Truly, there are so many illustrations of God's sovereignty in nature. Countless pictures just waiting to be "seen."

I thought about the network of tree roots, with their gripping tentacles wrapped securely around this rock. What a profound statement nature was screaming at me!

This tree isn't shaken loose when the storms come. When the violent winds come and threaten to blow it over...they don't phase this tree a bit - because its network of roots wrap tightly around a sure foundation.
YES!!! I want the roots of my life to tightly wrap around my Rock. My firm foundation. I know my Rock is immovable, secure and definitely my strong defense each and every day - no matter what comes my way. He will help me stand strong. I can always rely on God to anchor me. I DON'T WANT TO BE MOVED! 

So, when we find our lives threatened, when it gets messy out there, when we're worried we'll be shaken by the storms of life, let us anchor our roots a bit more firmly into the Rock - which will never be moved. We CAN stand tall through it all if we are held up by God - He ONLY is our rock. Our salvation. Our defense. 

Wrap your roots around this!

Dear Lord, 
Help me to wrap my arms around you so tightly
that I never need fear the possibility of 
being shaken loose when the storms of life rage.
 

 


Comments