Somebody's Waiting

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses..."
   Hebrews 12:1

"I've just got to share _______________ with you!" she blurted out when I answered the phone.
As a lady, what's the first thing you find yourself doing when you stumble upon a new, absolutely delicious, can't-live-without-it recipe which just changed the course of your life. (I know, that's being a little extreme, but you catch my drift, don't you?) What do you find yourself doing when you happen upon that perfect little clothing shop or new cafe on the corner? Or how about when you decide to give a new facial cream a try and the results seems unbelievably amazing? What do you most often do? Let me give you the answer I'm looking for...YOU SHARE IT!

Something THAT wonderful can't be kept to yourself, you see. You want everyone around you to share the experience you had. You want to offer the chance for them to find the same satisfaction you did. While, that's not always the case because we're each different; we share anyhow in hopes of someone else sharing in our moment of joy and experiencing it for themselves.

I found myself eagerly texting a Scripture reference to a dear friend. Why, of all things, wouldn't we want to share the most important words, of the most important book, from the most dynamically anointed author ever, with the most amazing people in our lives? It seemed a no-brainer to me after what I had just gotten out of it! Somebody's waiting~

I answered the phone, only to hear the excitement in the voice on the other end of the line as a sweet lady rattled on about the miraculous healing the Lord had performed in her body. It was undeniably real, a genuine testimony of the power of the Mighty God we serve. Who wouldn't want to share the miraculous works, of an amazing God? Somebody's waiting~

Opening a message on Facebook, I witnessed the sweetest little message that struck a chord in my heart which I hope never becomes silent. I had sent a short, heartfelt message earlier that day, the return message read: "You must have known....". I replied, "No, I didn't, but God did!" GLORY! Somebody's waiting~

We share. We were created to share. It's in our DNA to share. It's what we're made for! We can't keep it to ourselves! Yes, God intended for us to share the things He places on our hearts, the trials He allows us to experience and the wonderful blessings He bestows in our lives. They are not for us only, but for those whom we touch every day. It's a basic concept, but it's so important. Can we open up and share? Somebody's waiting~

What if there is someone waiting on the other end of the phone line, or the the other side of an email, or on the other side of a closed door? What if that person needs the hope of our "shared experience" to help strengthen them in their time of discouragement? I know I've found myself there on many occasions. What if we are the ones grasping for hope? Somebody's waiting~

When we share, we are being witnesses. That is what we are called to be. If I can, I'd like to encourage every lady out there today to take the risk. Take the plunge. Go ahead and share that thought, verse, or even that recipe or cafe on the corner. We were made to make a difference in the lives of others and we do so by sharing our lives and stories. What do you have to share today? We all have something and...somebody's waiting~


Disclaimer: Sometimes it's difficult to open up. It takes intentional work and starting over again and again. Don't give up if you feel you've failed or it seems you have nothing to offer at the moment. Keep opening that door and it will become easier and easier. (Learning in process!)

Comments