Play the Game - JOYING

 "...send portions unto them..for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10

So, maybe it's a simple no-brainer for you, but it was as if a light bulb went on in my head and my heart yesterday with the whole idea of this JOYING thing. (If you'd like to find out more, click here)

For years I've wondered, "What exactly does JOY look like?" You know, us humans like to see results. Right? We all have to work at the faith aspect. It's easy to see and believe, but seeing without believing is....you know, much more difficult. (Hey, I think that's in the Bible somewhere, isn't it? lol) 

So, when I tell you I'm JOYING, when I think about joy now, I realize that it's not just something that we passively accept. No, it's something that we actively pursue. Something we must do. The joy of the Lord is our strength! OK, I accept that. But if I turn up the volume in my life and take a look up close and personal, I think that to feel that strength, I have to take joy in doing the things He suggests. 

No longer am I sitting around waiting for JOY to come to me. Who out there doesn't feel a bit more glee, get a little bit more satisfaction out of life, than when you're giving yourself away? Yes, I know there has to be some kind of balance. True. However, the Bible does tell us it is more blessed to give than to receive. Why? That's JOYING!

It's amazing the effect a picture can have on the brain. They say a picture paints a thousand words. I challenge you today, start playing the JOYING game by taking a picture of something with those three, simple little letters: J O Y. Send that photo to a friend or loved one via text or email, then tell them to send you one the next day. Start this little game and see what happens. Sometimes, we need to slow down and take notice. This simple game will remind us to do just that. JOY.

I know I might be a late bloomer, realizing this at the old age of....well, I'm not going there. Better late than never, right? Jesus started the JOYING game thousands of years ago. Oh, come let us adore Him. Stop. Take a moment to realize the things He has given us. Himself, our families, friends...there is so much to be thankful for, even during Christmas seasons. Half the JOYING game is about finding things to be thankful for and letting others know. JOY to the world. 

Go snap a pic and start playing. It's a delight. It's simple. It's a wonderful time to share a little reminder. Look for JOY as you go about today...and don't forget to share. Blessings~

Comments