JOYING!!!

There are so many negative things going on in our world these days. From terrorist acts to neighborhood robberies, etc. I'm not focusing on those types of things in this post so I won't continue listing them, just enough for you to get the gist. With that being said, sometimes we have to give it extra effort to find JOY in the journey. 

Our days get so filled to the brim with to-do lists, work duties, places to go, appointments to keep, as well as children or the elderly to look after. Sometimes we completely miss so many important little things God has placed in our lives to bring us joy. We find ourselves overwhelmed and under-satisfied. We think to ourselves, "This is not how my life is supposed to be!" We remind ourselves about the phrase "abundant life" in God's Word and wonder what that's all about.

I, too, have found it difficult more often than not to find JOY during days in my life. What? Where is it hiding? "Here, JOY! I give up. Where are you?" It's kind of like a Hide-and-Seek game, you see. I have found though, that there are opportunities for joy all around us on any given day. 

Sometimes it is found by simply stopping to take notice of the simple things that we often overlook and take for granted. When we awake in the morning, we can take JOY in the mere fact that we are alive and loved by God Almighty. Simple things. Next, we can often find JOY by giving to others. It doesn't have to be big, just simply giving of our time, prayers and simple things. Finally, we can find JOY in taking notice of the small things others do for us. It's really simple when you think about it. 

I think that is why Jesus gave us the commandment to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. He knew if we'd do that, we'd notice the little JOYS associated with living for Him. And the second great commandment: love others as ourselves. He also knew the JOY that we could bring into each others lives if we would take an extra moment to go above and beyond. 

It doesn't take any big ado. A simple text to a friend could brighten their day and bring an extra ray of sunshine and JOY. (The simple picture I shared above was texted to me from a dear friend one morning. It touched my heart and brought a smile to my day.) Sharing something God gave you with a neighbor or co-worker could be just the thing that sparks something big in their life. We are called to be witnesses to those we meet...do we witness that there's JOY to be found? 

So, there's a new thing I'm doing in my life and I challenge you to do the same. I often find that my days are much brighter when I'm JOYING with someone in my life. JOYING! When I'm giving myself to the the Lord and being about His business and making Him big to others. When I'm sharing, caring and loving others more than myself and doing something about it.  I know, that can hurt and stomp on the toes a bit, but it's so true. Why wait for someone else to bring JOY to our life when we could step out and touch others first? That's God's way!  God so loved that He gave...

This holiday season, let's reach out to bring, and find, JOY in the midst of the season. Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. That's JOY! And it can be found in any season, in the midst of any circumstance.  

Please stop and leave a comment below...and share how you found JOY or how you brought JOY into someones life today. What did you do to bring God JOY today? Thanks in advance for sharing. Bless you as we cultivate the art of JOYING!

Comments