Naughty or Nice List

 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our
                                       sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  
                                                                          I John 1:9

He's making a list, checking it twice....gonna find out whose naughty and nice...


We all do some good things. We do some not-so-good things at times. We all make mistakes. We all have these things in common as well as one other undeniable thing: we're HUMAN. We all sin.

During this time of the year, we often hear about being on Santa's list: Naughty or Nice. Everyone wants to be on the "Nice" side of the list so they will receive their Christmas wishes. The truth is, we've all had our names posted on both parts of the list at some point throughout this year. I know, we don't believe in Santa as adults, but you know what I mean, don't you? We all mess up. We're none perfect. 

That's why I'm so thankful that I don't have to believe in Santa. I don't have to rely on him for my Christmas wishes to come true. Sure it's fun, holiday tradition. There's nothing wrong with that. Yet, I'm so happy that I don't have to rely on him to give me the desires of my heart. Why? Well, because I choose to believe in Jesus. Here's a little secret too...He already knows the desires of my heart. I don't have to make Him a list!

I know that in Him, I have hope and assurance that WHEN I find myself on the Naughty List, I can simply ask forgiveness and my heart can be clean again. He is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me. There's one catch though - I must realize I've messed up...and must 'fess up and be willing to make changes! He won't forgive me if I don't admit I'm wrong and ask for His help in getting right again. 

Sure, we all make mistakes, however that never keeps us from being able to make it right. Jesus came to that manger thousands of years ago for the sole purpose of making sure He did His part so that ..we could be on His list...in His book. It's our choice, let's choose to believe that He WILL forgive us. No matter how bad we've been, there is hope in Jesus. 

And while we might join the fun singing, "Santa Claus is coming to town..."; one thing's for certain, Jesus is coming too. Now, let's all check that list and see where we find ourselves. Lord, let our hearts be ready to receive You and we will definitely be singing "Joy to the World" this Christmas season. Glory, glory...glory, to the new born King!




Comments