Shells in My Batter

 "And this is but a light thing in the sight of the LORD..." 2 Kings 3:18

Mixer out, cake mix ready, eggs, oil, water...let's do this. Oh, in case you're wondering, I'm baking chocolate cake today. Yummy!

So, here I am while I'm waiting on the oven to work its magic...writing...because God dropped something into my heart while I was preparing the batter. 

You know that wonderful moment when you're cracking eggs and a stray shell falls into the batter? Uugh! The dreaded fish-it-out moment...that sometimes turns into more than mere moments. The slimy little critter is really difficult to get out on occasion! Well, that's what happened.

Thankfully, it didn't take but a few moments to rid the batter of the unwanted crunchy participant. However, the Lord brought this to my mind..."And this is but a light thing in the sight of the LORD..."

God so graciously added an extra ray of sunshine to my day, an added burst of hope and faith in my heart. No matter the situation...EVERY SITUATION...is but a light thing with God. Just like I dipped that piece of eggshell out of my cake batter, so can the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, reach His all-powerful hand into my life and pull out the "problematic shells" at will. Nothing is too hard for Him! 

I don't have much more time to share before the timer beeps, but I wanted to share this bit of inspiration for anyone who is in an undesirable situation. I also wanted to journal this for me to read at a later date...as with all my posts. Never give up on God. At just the right time, in His perfect timing, He will step in. He might not get the shell out the way you had anticipated, but He knows best anyhow. Have faith, keep trusting, deal with the heart issues, and keep turning it over to God until His timer beeps. He is ever faithful.

Now, to remember and apply that to life each and every day...that is the challenge...just like baking a cake...one ingredient at a time. None of the ingredients taste good on their own...but all of it together is able to be savored and enjoyed. In His time. Thank you Lord for taking the shells out of my batter (life!).

Now, back to baking. Blessings on you~

Comments