The Gift of Encouragement

Encouragement, I need it and so do you...

On a serious note: To know that God loved me first. That gives me such hope because I understand that He knew me before I was born. He knew what my characteristics would be, what my strengths and weaknesses would be, how I would struggle and fight my way through life difficulties and trials, how I'd fall flat on my face during growing seasons and would need help to pull myself up again...how I'd need His mercy, grace, forgiveness, long-suffering, gentleness, acceptance and patience...and He still loved me in spite of all that. He loved me (and you) so much that He went ahead and died for me in advance. So even on those days when I'm not feeling so lovable...at that very moment, He couldn't love me any more. That is encouraging.

On a little lighter note: To be sitting in a coffee shop, enjoying nice quite, music and the low rumble of voices, to be sipping on a tall decaf Carmel Machiato made with non-fat milk and 1 1/2 pumps of syrup (extra hot) is very encouraging to me. (Just one of my favs!) Either relaxing at a tiny table in the corner, searching for the hidden objects throughout a children's Highlights book, getting lost in an uplifting book, or simply chatting together with someone special to my heart. Encouraging. Uplifting. The simplest things in life, I've found, are the most satisfying and enjoyable.

One final note: Encouragement is something we can bless others with any time. It doesn't cost us much, yet its extremely valuable...to us and the receiver. You see, as we encourage another, we'll soon find ourselves encouraged too...it's the boomerang effect. You can't send it out without it coming back to you again. A joy shared! Truly, we all should try to be an encouragement to each other more often. Encouragement is a life giving, uplifting opportunity...a God given ability and privilege given to each of us TO SHARE. Indeed, it is more blessed to give than receive. How will we encourage someone today?

 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up..."
 I Thessalonians 5:11



**first written here on this blog 7/25/15 - it popped up again today and I thought it was worth re-sharing. I "re"needed it today!

Comments