Plug In

I decided to spend a quiet evening doing one of my favorite things...reading. I settled into my cozy spot with my book and glasses, then reached to turn on my reading lamp...nothing. I flipped the switch again...still nothing. I was getting up to search for a new light bulb, when my eye caught sight of the problem. The lamp wasn't plugged in! A simple fix...plug in.

I thought about my spiritual life. You know, the Bible says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you..." (Acts 1:8) - POWER. We should be lit up and shining brightly in this dark, evil world. The point is, we must stay plugged in to the correct power source to do so. It does no good, as I found out with my lamp, to have the power source available and not plug in. It simply makes no sense at all.

Life happens to us all. Some days we need strength, sometimes we need healing. There are times when we need protection and still other times when we need peace or restoration. We cannot escape the possibility and probability of needing things in this lifetime. However, if we're plugged in to our Power Source, we'll have all we need no matter what we're faced with. If we're plugged in, we have an unlimited supply of anything and everything we could ever need. Philippians 4:19, says "...my God shall supply all your need..." and He can do it with absolutely no problem. 

Don't try to handle life on your own. Let's settle in to our cozy spot - underneath His wings - for our source of ____________.  (You fill in the blank.) Whatever we may need, God is. We can have the assurance that God is always in control and has the power we need to bring us through any situation. We need not worry about our light dimming during those hard times when we're plugged in to our Power Source. We can shine brightly, even in the midst of trials, tragedy, and pain. Be encouraged...plug in and stay put.


Comments