Editing Service - Free of Charge

"Oh!!! I didn't mean for that to come out that way! I didn't mean to say that! That's not what I meant!" I say with slightly elevated blood pressure and blushing cheeks.  Oh my word, I get myself in such a tizzy sometimes when my wording and tone of voice don't exactly match up with what I'm trying to relate.  I'd be the first to say that I'm not the world's greatest communicator. No matter how many "communication" books I read, still I must confess, I have issues I'm continually working on. And guess what? So are a million other people in the world.  So I'm not alone! Do you find yourself in this category?

Our words leave lasting impressions in the heart of others. Some for the good and some not-so-good at times I'm afraid. I find myself praying for God to guard my mouth and help me to be conscious of how my words might be perceived by others. Will it be offensive? Will it be up-lifting? You see, even though I might mean it one way, the other person may take it totally out of context.  It happens! We're all human! (Remember that when we get our feelings hurt. Maybe it wasn't meant the way we took it.)
A word of encouragement to each lovely reader out there...choose your words wisely. Be sensitive. We must pray that God will help us and edit every word prior to it being out there for the public to hear. In fact, He's the greatest editor ever - and it's free for those who will ask.

Comments

  1. this is godly advice that even I need to remember at times - we may think we are just being careful with our words - which we are - but the more important side benefit of watching our tongues - is it gives time for God to lead us with wisdom! God bless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

As always, feel free to leave a comment. It's all about us joining together to encourage one another.