"Me? Coo-coo?"

This post was first published - July 21, 2014

"How in the world did I get here? What am I doing? Is that really true? Does God truly love me?"  Questions!!!  They say I can talk to myself and as long as I don't answer back, I'm good.  

You know the little playful routine I'm talking about...if you're answering the questions you ask out loud, then you're probably a little coo-coo.  Yet, I'm beginning to doubt that!  There are days when I know what I'm doing, where I'm going and that God truly loves me, etc.  I don't even hesitate to ask those questions because I KNOW.
Still there are days when my spirit seems to be weak and my insecurities surface; and, whether silently or out loud I find myself in the questioning mode.  "What in the world is going on?  How is this going to happen?  Is it going to be alright?"  Well, I've learned this one thing...it's in those times of questioning that we MOST CERTAINLY better supply ourselves an answer.  

Whether that's a sign of being a "little coo-coo" or not!  The Bible says in Proverbs 15:23 - A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word [spoken] in due season, how good [is it]!
I suppose there is a time for everything and when we are talking to ourselves like this, we MUST provide the correct answer.  Not just any answer will do!  Answering ourselves with a negative under-tone that we don't know if God is going to come through for us or not, we're not sure if God has us in the palm of His hand and or whether He really thinks we're the apple of His eye...isn't going to get us anywhere. Believe me, I know from experience! 

We need to answer these types of questions with what we KNOW to be true about God and what He thinks about us as recorded in His Word.  We so need to speak the TRUTH! Remember, His Word CANNOT fail!

So, as for you and for me, let's get into God's Word and study so when questions arise, and all of us will do so at one time or another, we will be prepared to answer with God's Word.  It's for certain God doesn't make us ask such questions; however, the enemy would love nothing more than for us to ask ourselves and NOT have an answer.  He doesn't want us reminding ourselves (or him for that matter) that we are chosen, set apart, and to God we are priceless treasures.  

Don't worry about appearing "coo-coo", answer the questions with God's Word and promises, drive the devil coo-coo, and find yourself full of joy!

Comments