Put It Off Till Tomorrow


It's easy to get so wrapped up in everyday life that we get overwhelmed.  For instance, tomorrow for me goes like this: 
9:15 - App.
10:30 - App.
11:30 - App.
3:00 - App.
3:15 - App.
4:00 -App.

Now tell me, what exactly was I thinking when I allowed all this to pile up on the same day?  The truth is, I wasn't thinking!   This is exactly what can happen in our everyday life though.  We are alive so of course there are things to do, people to see and places to go; however, we shouldn't be so "booked up" that there isn't enough time for things that should be priority.  There are only 24 hours in a day....we must use them wisely people!  

I've heard it said, "We can't manage time, time manages us."  It's true!  We can't change the length of a second, minute or hour...we must make a conscious effort to use them wisely.  What we do with our time matters; but did you ever think about it mattering to God as well?  He is hungry for relationship with us and if we are so busy doing everything else, there will be little quality time left, if any, for cultivating it. There are many "things" in life that steal our time...actually, it doesn't steal it - we give it.

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  (Eph. 5:15-16)

So, I encourage US to do like I did today.  I had to cancel something!  Don't just be busy, be productive.  Take a moment, you know as in "Selah" - the word we regularly see in the book of Psalms.  PAUSE!  Take a moment to stop, take inventory and see what is most important and where God is fitting into your program of life.  There are some things that will still be there tomorrow when you awake, but something things are taking place today and you'll never had the chance to redo them.   PAUSE!!! CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL.  Take another look at your day when you sit down, figure it all out...how much was busy work and how much proved to be time well spent.  Today, don't do anything, that you can put off till tomorrow...use your time wisely and include the Lord in your plans.

Dear Lord, help me not to get wrapped up and over scheduled.
My time with you is the most productive time I will have today...help
me to use the gift of time to my advantage.  I can't afford to
CANCEL my time with you...you are what matters most.

Comments