Soar & Sore

Yesterday, as odd as it sounds, I felt "human." I'm not sure what I feel on the other days, this is just how I have come to label where I'm at. Maybe feeling alive is a better way to put it. Again, I don't have the words. Regardless, I've learned to appreciate the types of days when I feel like I can take a breath without laboring too much or reminding myself to do so. It feels like hope.

While reading this morning, I stumbled into Isaiah 40 and I thought I'd share, verses 28-31 :

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. 
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I'm so thankful to know that God never faints nor grows weary and that He knows and sees so much more and further down the road than we ever could. I cannot even begin to comprehend! He always sees the completed picture though. That's why we can trust Him when we don't understand.

On days when I can't seem to drag one foot in front of the other, when I'm discouraged and sad, He provides the power that helps me continue on. When it feels impossible to roll out of bed some mornings, when it hurts too much to move much less stand to face the day ahead, He increases my strength. I'd pretty much say, "Had it not been for the Lord on my side..." there's no telling where I'd be. Can I get a witness?

During this season, I've tried to push myself beyond what I'm capable of, to get better quicker, to "get over it and move on", etc. Let me just pause here to say, sometimes it's necessary to try harder, but it doesn't work that way in some seasons of life. (At least that's my experience.)

We never really like to hear the word "wait", do we? We want it to happen NOW! We're like that from the moment we leave the womb. Sometimes waiting is exactly what we must do though. It doesn't work when we get ahead of God. Sometimes we have to sit still and let God work in us and thru our situations. "Here I am God! Operate." Of course God can perform the miraculous, but healing and recovery takes time. We might just have to wait. To go thru! Is that such a bad thing?

After all, we are all a work in progress. We're all still on the Potter's wheel. Is that such a bad place to be? It's where we are fashioned into the vessel God needs us to be in order to fulfill His purpose and bring Him glory. When we wait, we gain strength (His strength); until we're finally able to walk and run. It's not because of anything we have done, except maybe being submissive, obedient and enduring, but all because He is faithful to complete the work He has begun in us.

We may not be on the exact same road today, but I'm sure no matter what you're facing today, you can apply this too. We can't do it without Him - and without Him there is no hope. With Him, we can become exactly who He wants us to be if we'll wait expectantly upon Him to bring us through, whatever that requires, looks, or feels like. Sometimes there's a sore spot to endure! Suffering. Pain. Hurt. This season won't last always, there will be other seasons too, but God is faithful, powerful and willing. Let's wait well! 

We're made to soar, but sometimes we must 
first endure the "sore" spots of life 
and trust Him in the wait.

Comments