Celebrating Life


Today is a very special day in my life. Feels kind of odd even writing this, but...Happy 44th Birthday to me. By God's grace and mercy, I've made it another year. How abundantly blessed this girl is!!!

Before I dozed off last night, I began to think about all the things I have to be thankful for. Since today is the day that is supposed to celebrate me, I was trying to think of as many things as I could, the things that help make me, you know, me. I fell asleep pondering the gifts God has graciously bestowed upon me. Indeed, I have so much to be thankful for. 

I thought today would be the perfect day to list 44 things of which I'm thankful. Then, I thought, forty-four...seriously? That would never be enough! Why, I'd just be getting started at one-thousand.

It's simpler to just say, I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I have more in this life than I could ever have hoped for...and even more awaiting me in the life to come. God has been ever so good to me! He blesses me every day of my life with family and special friends I consider family. He continually provides all my needs. He never gives up on me. He has given me the greatest gifts a girl could ever ask for in this life - and that's not even counting the fact that He gave His very life for my salvation. If that isn't love!

My mind goes back to a song we used to sing in church as a child:

I am blessed,
I am blessed,
Every day that I live,
I am blessed.
When I wake up in the morning,
'Til I lay my head to rest,
I am blessed,
I am blessed.

Yes, I'd say I AM most definitely, blessed - and highly favored. Happy Birthday to me~


Comments