Perspective #thankfulin(F)All

These last two months have been a time of reflecting, searching and allowing God to speak into my heart. It's been amazing! In October, I focused on seeing God in my every day. It was a challenge I took with many others to write for 31 days. It became so much more than that however. I think it was God at work in my life. This month, I've been writing about what I'm thankful for and it seems to come ever so easily. It's amazing how a perspective change will make such a difference in ones life.



I think sometimes God has to totally crush the clay and start anew. I can see how, during the past two months, God has totally taken my heart and exposed every single corner that needed His attention. It's humbling, yet freeing, to be completely broken and exposed upon the Potter's wheel. There's that blessed moment when all shame is gone, all feelings of guilt are vanished and there I stand, finally ready, completely surrendered to His will for my life. 

It's amazing how much stuff we can stuff in a lifetime. I'm a stuffer. No, I'm not proud of it, it's something I struggle with on a regular basis. However, God is working from the inside out and is helping me one step at a time. I'm always ready to BE THERE NOW, but He desires a walk. He's not interested in my having it all put together and having everything in order so I don't need Him. He wants me to walk hand-in-hand, wooing me, teaching me to trust in Him step by step. He is amazing!

As He's unpeeled me, layer by layer, and shown me places that needed attention, I am finding new strength, learning to enjoy a new perspective, and leaning upon Him more than ever. It is so true that His strength is made perfect in our weakness. What a gift! When we stuff, our focus becomes blurry. And...why would we want to stuff things when we can be free by just opening ourselves up completely to His healing touch? It's taken me so much longer than it should. I've got the T-shirt to prove it!

So, today, I'm thankful for a new perspective that can only come after being stripped down to nothing, and allowing God to start from Ground Zero to rebuild my life and make all things new again. Do you find you need a new perspective? 

This is the perfect time of year to allow Jesus to open you up and give you a new chance at life...His way. 


It's an amazing journey of miracles! Hope, joy and many, bountiful blessings~


Comments