Hope #ThankfulIn(F)All

Today I am thankful for HOPE~
 

In a world where everything seems unsure, when there seems to be no sure answer and people are anxious and fearful of what tomorrow holds; I'm thankful I know Who holds my future.

My hope. It's not in what I see in this world. It's not in what's going on around me. I can't find it from those around me or even in my own abilities. It's not found in being well-off financially, highly educated, in the best physical condition possible or achieving a certain status in life. Jobs fail. Health fails. Finances won't sustain. 

Psa 39:7  "And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee."


It really is a simple plan. I can choose to fret and worry or choose to find my hope in Him. A friend told me the other day, "It's your choice." (An aha moment for sure.) I can choose to drive myself crazy or I can choose to trust God and drive the enemy crazy. Could it really be that simple? Yes! Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word.

Psa 71:14  "But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more."


Let me be transparent here: my day planner is full of notes reminding me lately not to fear, to choose to trust in God, to find my confidence in Him, to let Him shine in my weaknesses.

I suppose I'm at that season in my life. He's doing new things in me! I'm finding it a bit exhilarating...and tiring at times...but truly amazing. The beautiful thing is that as I place my hope in Him, He beckons me to draw even closer to Him and draw strength from Him like never before. To begin again. To be expectant on Him!

 Jer 17:7  Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.


I'm thankful today, for HOPE.

Comments