God Showed Up In a Broom #write31days

God showed up today in...

A BROOM

I know it's October, but before you get all Halloween-ish on me, hear me out.

As I was doing some cleaning this morning, I noticed a few cobwebs here and there. Side note: I'm NOT decorating for Halloween, they are there because I've been busy with life. Now, that that's made clear let me continue. I took my broom and lightly swept the silky, silver webs away with no problem. Those ugly, intruding webs that disgust me vanished completely in a split second. Gone!

Isn't it amazing how tiny things sometime creep into our lives and without much ado, one day we notice they've worked themselves into our lives in a major network, with arms far reaching, striving to touch every area and relationship in our life? We can find ourselves wondering, where in the world did that come from? 

It's easy to become distracted and discouraged by what we see. What we feel. (Hello!) What the "monster" may look like. It's even overwhelming at times. Here's a little secret I've discovered though, God knows. Isn't that awesome!? What a relief! Nothing spooks Him or catches Him off guard. My rock!

He showed me with my broom today, how at a moment's notice, He can work out any situation. Nothing is too hard for Him. However, sometimes He desires us to take the broom into our own hand and do our part. Someone said the other day, "God won't do our part. We have to." Sometimes we have to get out our own broom of prayer and let it sweep over our situation. I've experienced it enough to know that prayer works! One session down on our knees in prayer is often times all it takes to sweep the "scary" away. If the situation doesn't actually go away, at least our perspective is changed when we get up and that's all it takes sometimes. True statement.

So, if you're struggling with the "spooky" of life, I challenge you to take out your broom and get to work. Join me. Let's get rid of those webs that distract and disgust us. It doesn't have to be some major sin, it can be as simple as placing something and LEAVING it in the capable hands of God or clearing your agenda to spend quality time with Him. We all fight cobwebs on occasion. Whatever it may be, it doesn't have to be. Sweep it away! Poof! Web be gone!

Comments