Hope...Inspiration In Desperate Situations

As I sat down and began reading my email-devotionals this morning, it seemed there was a reoccurring theme: feeling weak and tired! I read intensely because it matched my hearts cry this morning. (I've been there a lot lately it seems. I suppose it's this phase of life which I'm going through.) Feeling weak and tired! Are you there today? Or have you found yourself there before? Gloriously enough, each devotion pointed me straight to the Answer - of which I already knew. God is always there! 

As I continued my daily Bible reading, I opened up Isaiah 46. I was feeling a bit giddy about what God had already spoken into my heart. I was just minding my own business as I began with the first verse. Side note: I'm attempting to read the Bible through this year and Isaiah is a LONG book and quite honestly I found myself just skimming along, God forgive me, until I reached verse four...and He got my attention again:

"And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs 
will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; 
even I will carry, and will deliver you."

My heart skipped a beat and warm tears welled up in my eyes...there is was again. HOPE! Personalized scripture just for me. I closed my eyes and just basked in God's Word for a few moments...all the way back there in Isaiah, God knew how I'd feel today. He knew I'd need this verse on this very day of my life. He put it there just for me. I know, that's a bit selfish sounding, but I CLAIMED IT as mine. After all, that's what we're supposed to do with God's Word. 

He made me (and you), and He will suffer with me (and you), He'll even carry me (and you) through, and ultimately He will deliver me (and you). HOPE! See? Maybe He even planned for me to share this verse and post with you today to encourage your spirit. Claim it as your own too. There's enough hope to go around; God is a constant supplier of it. I like to think He gave this verse especially for us ladies who are trying to find ourselves and make heads or tails of the phase of life we're in. Growing older has been quite a scary experience for me thus far, yet I'm finding that God is constantly sending me little reminders that He is there and that I'll come through because He is. Praise the Lord!

So, that's my situation and my moment of inspiration. What about yours? Can you find God and the hope He offers in your situation? Can you share it? I'm sure He'll be there for you too and bring His Word to light in your dilemma, to give you hope, to strengthen and encourage you. And, yes, I might need another confirmation tomorrow...or ten minutes from now, for that matter...but He knows that too. Remember, He made us and knows us from the inside out. Be blessed. 



*Please feel free to leave a comment and share your moment of inspiration~

Comments