Slimy Can't Win

If you're glad to have the GOD on your side, can I hear an "AMEN!"...what would we ever do without Him?  Everything in life can change in the blink of an eye!  One phone call, one accident...a thought, an action...
My mind ponders a verse in Psalms this morning...I love Psalms!  Chapter 46, verse 1: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  I read it through once, then I went back and read it more slowly, after which I read it yet a third time and looked at each word individually. 
GOD!!!!  What a great way to begin, don't  you think?  He is our refuge, or shelter.  I don't know about you but when there's a crashing storm raging outside, I want to be inside where it's safe...away from any harm produced by the storm.  God is that!  He is our safe place and we can trust that!!! While we may be going through a storm, He never takes His eyes off of us and He knows exactly where we are.  It doesn't stop there however.  God is our strength...some days the storm leaves me so weak I don't know if I could take on a slimy snail, much less anything any larger or more ferocious.  But, on those days I can rest in knowing God's got my back.  When I can't muster up enough boldness and power to even frighten Slimy the Snail, God IS my strength (boldness, loud, might, power).  Yes, God is present...we never have to worry if He's hung up in the "good ole days" or if He's "back to the future" - we can always rest assured in knowing God is a right now God.  He will "help" us.  With all His might and glory, God is still capable of holding us tenderly as a mother does her newborn child.  Just think of all the tenderness, affection and love she bestows on that little one; God will do us the same way during our troubles or trials.  Hear Him whisper in your ear right now..."I've got this, you're going to be alright."  That's the beautiful thing about the God I serve...He covers every part of the spectrum.
So, if today is one of those days when Slimy the Snail is winning the race; put your hand into the hand of a wonderful God who will give you strength and hold you close, who will fight for you, who will never leave or forsake you...He's committed.  Give Slimy a run for his money during the storms of life.  All he can do is hole up in his dark, lonely shell, while you can rest safely in the loving embrace of the Almighty God.  Slimy CAN'T WIN but we can be victorious!!! Let the thunder roll....can I get an "AMEN!" 

Blessings to all~

see more @ itcrossedmymind.blogspot.com

Comments